26 Jan Why you need to understand Content Marketing
In it’s simplest form content marketing is basically just putting up new information (words, images, videos) on your website regularly.
The reason this is so important is simple—people are increasingly using digital devices to research information, products and services they need. If you want people to engage with your organisation, you need to have relevant information available to them when they are conducting this research.
But first you need to be found. Your organisation will only appear in their search if your electronic presence is significant. Search engines like Google and Bing don’t want to annoy their users, so they’ll only display your website high up in their directories if your website is full of relevant content.
You need to be trustworthy and content gives people a reason to start building trust with you, regardless of what industry you are in and who your customers or other stakeholders are.
Content marketing also:
- positions you or your organisation as experts, or whatever other position you want to hold
- assures Google that your website is relevant and valuable to searchers. Google rewards you with improved search result rankings
- gives prospective customers or stakeholders a deeper understanding of what you do, who you do it for and why you do it
Many organisations don’t have the time or expertise required to create their own content. So Flux—with the collaboration of our creative partners—have developed a suite of content marketing services:
- Strategy development
- Idea generation for Content Marketing pieces
- Developing maintenance schedules/ editorial calendars
- Websites (or website upgrades) for storing content articles
- Online or traditional newsletters
- Email marketing systems
- Actual development of Content Marketing pieces, including:
- Copywriting of news articles or blog posts
- Sharable social media content
- Still imagery (Photos & Illustrations)
- Video content
If you have a newsletter you need filled with content, would like to start a new email marketing campaign or want to see your website outperforming local competitors, we can help. Contact us to start the discussion.